View Profile chibikurai

9 Art Reviews

For a Mouse work this is really good. The next step for you would be upgrading your gear to a tablet. There are lots on the market for a good price and everything with pressure sensitivity is better than a mouse.
I feel that you have some very nice ideas and potential so don't let your gear hold you back!
As for now you can start with cleaning up your black lines. It has some charme to have multiple lines - if they have purpose!
Example: Santas coat. Makes it more rough and like its been through some stuff.
Bad example: Santas face. Get those helper lines out of the face! It just makes your picture look "not done yet"
Looking forward to some more art from you!

Redeemer000 responds:

Thanks for the tip. Yes i agree it is not done and it was a little bit rushes. I saved the sketchy line work because i'm not good at color blending and either with depth, shading, light, perspective... I still need much much training.
The only technique i used for blending is basic wet brushes to get minimal blending effect, and other basic brushes. I had to constantly regulate opacity manually. it's possible to do very good paintings with mouse but it will require twice or even more the effort, skill and knowledge is also important.

Practice makes perfect!
I used to not colour my pieces too, but now i regret the time i did not use to practice.
Keep drawing and experimenting and it will get better over time :)

Really like it - but it could use a little less blur.
Like i said on the other Image - love the messy style <3

I'm a wannabe Anime/Manga artist - trying to make the jump out into the semi professionals. You can find me on pretty much any social media site - some more actively than others. Feel free to message me up - I'm way too shy to do the first move!

27, Female